Pokhara Nature Hike
A perfect refresher for those who are unable to go on an extended trek, this is the easiest hiking package available in Pokhara. With just 3 days of normal paced walking, you can reach two unique viewpoints and enjoy some of the best creations of Mother Nature.
- Your guide will meet you at your hotel or any convenient location in Pokhara. A brief introduction follows. You will have enough time for shopping. You may consider buying some packed food items, water and the items mentioned in later sections of this page.
- Breakfast followed by a short rest.
- Start hiking from Pokhara to Bagar. 'Bagar' in Nepali means riverbank or beach. It lies on the on the way to Pame and can be reached in about an hour from Lakeside.
- Hike to Sarangkot where there is a village occupied mostly by Damais (Damai = tailor in Nepali). From Bagar it normally takes 2 hrs to reach the top of the hill.
- Check-in at a local teahouse accommodation, have lunch and get some rest.
- In the evening, walk to the viewing-tower to watch the sunset.
- Return to the teahouse, have dinner and retire for the night.
- Wake up early at 5:00 AM
- Walk to the viewing tower to see the sunrise, one of the most photogenic views of nature. Almost of the Annapurna Range and a part of Dhaulagiri glisten in different shades when they are lit by sunrays. Visibility however, depends on weather conditions.
- Return to the teahouse, have an early breakfast and prepare to leave.
- Resume hiking at about nine in the morning. In about 3 hrs you will be at Naudanda, yet another spot for sighting Pokhara city and Fewa Lake which appears to have a metallic lustre on its calm surface.
- After walking an hour further you will arrive at Ghatte Khola.
- Lunch followed by a short rest.
- Resume hiking. It takes about two hours to reach the top of the hill of Dhampus. The village has a majority of residents from the Gurung ethnicity.
- In the evening, take a walk through the village and go to the viewpoint to view the sunset.
- Walk back to the teahouse, have dinner and retire for the night.
- Wake up early in the morning.
- Walk to the viewpoint to see the sunrise. The place has a great view of Mt. Fish Tail. Visibility depends on weather conditions.
- A visit to the local shops and schools.
- Breakfast at the teahouse and pack-up to leave for Pokhara.
- Resume hiking all the way to Pokhara.
- If time permits, you can ask the guide to show you some interesting places (restaurants, bars, etc.) in Pokhara city.
- Participants are advised to bring a pair of comfortable and durable hiking shoes, walking poles (not compulsory) and other accessories as per their individual needs.
Provided by the operator:
Ground transport, all food, accommodation, entrance permits, guides and porters .
To be paid by the trekkers:
Drinks, battery charging, personal expenses, tips and donations.